[Catalog-sig] Pypi egg uploads

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jan 10 22:27:36 CET 2006

At 02:59 PM 1/10/2006 -0500, Charlie Moad wrote:
>I am getting an error from pypi while trying to upload binary eggs.  I
>have found similiar error messages on the list, but no solutions.
>
>Error processing form
>
>invalid distribution file
>
>Here are the files:
>http://euclid.uits.iupui.edu/~cmoad/matplotlib-0.86-py2.3-win32.egg
>http://euclid.uits.iupui.edu/~cmoad/matplotlib-0.86-py2.4-win32.egg
>
>Is there a size limit?

Early versions of the "upload" command had a bug where Windows uploads
didn't work correctly due to opening the file to upload in text mode rather
than binary.  I fixed this in both the Python SVN and setuptools, but it's
possible you're using an older version?

If you're uploading via a browser rather than via the "upload" command, I
don't know what the problem is.