[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] setuptools 0.6b4 released

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 11 21:53:01 CEST 2006

At 12:33 PM 7/11/2006 -0700, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:12 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>Last, but not least, the ability was added to turn off SVN revision
>>numbers
>>or dates from the command line, so that you don't have to edit
>>setup.cfg in
>>order to issue a release.
>
>Would've been convenient if you said what the option was... took me a
>few minutes to figure out where to look. Presumably you're referring
>to the --no-svn-revision option?

Yep.  See also:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#managing-continuous-releases-using-subversion

In particular, the new subsection:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#making-official-non-snapshot-releases

Quick tip: you can use:

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools?action=diff

to check on the latest changes to setuptools' doc after a release.  The
wiki also allows you to subscribe to receive change notices via
email.  This also goes for the EasyInstall and PkgResources doc pages.

>Note that tag-build shows up twice, here's a patch:

Argh.  :(  Thanks for catching that.  I've fixed it in the trunk and 0.6
branch.