[Catalog-sig] FYI: UI change also broke EasyInstall MD5 checks :(

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jul 20 05:54:52 CEST 2006

At 01:45 PM 7/20/2006 +1000, richardjones at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> > Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> > EasyInstall expects a PyPI-listed package's MD5 to be found in parentheses,
> > not square brackets.
>
>Crap, sorry, I thought I'd caught all the changes, but I missed this one.
>I'll fix it ASAP.

Note that if you add the #md5= anchor described in paragraph 5 of the API
spec, neither of us will need to maintain this bit of
backward-compatibility hackery any more.  I'd love to have one more bit of
screen-scraping I can remove from 0.6c1.

I know you've mentioned before that you're not sure what browsers will do
with it, but the only way to find that out for sure is to give it a try.  ;-)

Seriously, if browsers had a problem with downloads that have trailing junk
on their URLs, then a whole lot of SourceForge projects, porn sites, and
other dynamic downloading applications would be quite seriously out of
luck.  :)