[Catalog-sig] Zope framework category

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 03:54:54 CEST 2006

On 7/24/06, Ian Bicking <ianb at colorstudy.com> wrote:
> I'd like a Zope framework category, especially since Zope is starting to
>   consume typical distutils packages so they are showing up in the
> Cheese Shop.  But I'm not sure if there should separate Zope 2 and Zope
> 3 sections or not, or... I'm not sure.  Does anyone here have opinions?

I think Zope 2 and Zope 3 should be considered completely separate
frameworks, though Jim Fulton's long-term vision suggests they'll be
more closely related in the future.  They will likely remain distinct
even then, since the audiences are a bit different.

>   With Zope Five the 2/3 distinction becomes fuzzy.

I don't think it does.  It just means that *sometimes* Zope 2 users
will be interested in Zope 3 components.  Components may appear that
fit in both categories -- that's ok.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca