[Catalog-sig] PyPI at EuroPython

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Fri Jun 2 03:21:34 CEST 2006

On Thursday 01 June 2006 21:29, Michał Kwiatkowski wrote:
> On 6/1/06, Richard Jones <richardjones at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> > I'll be attending EuroPython including the post-conference Sprinting. If
> > anyone's interested in working on PyPI, that's what I'll be doing :)
>
> Cool. I won't be on the conference, but you can leave Cheesecake stuff
> to me. :-) Currently we're working with Grig on making Cheesecake
> script more bullet-proof, but probably around July we'll start making
> progress towards integration with PyPI.

I'll be focusing on working on the stuff that would have been done if the PyPI
SoC project had have been accepted, but also on bringing the PEPs up to date
and some other stuff that's been neglected for too long :)

I can't seem to find the SoC project page any more - I've even lost who it was
that was proposing the project. It mentioned including some sort of
cross-referencing system in PyPI. This could be partially accomplished using
classifiers, but the proposal was for end-user cross-referencing (alongside
the review).

   Richard