[Catalog-sig] PyPI overloaded(?)

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Oct 17 15:13:04 CEST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> PyPI seems to e down or severly overloaded. Does anyone have any
> idea why?  Is it time to set up some mirrors?

I'm a bit disappointed that there was no written response to this.
Shortly after I sent this, the behavior of pypi improved
quite a bit.  I don't know if this was in response to my post
or if it just got better on it's own.

As we adopt setuptools and zc.buildout, pypi is becoming a critical
resource that needs to be available.  I need to know if I can
rely on www.python.org/pypi, or if I need to look at doing something
else.  My preference, by far, is to rely on pypi.

Jim