[Catalog-sig] pypi performance troubles, time to revisit?

Kumar McMillan kumar.mcmillan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 21:48:26 CEST 2007

I keep getting "error: Download error: (54, 'Connection reset by
peer')" when running easy_install and a few days ago was getting very
slow response times.

Is it worth opening up this discussion again?

Perhaps to organize some volunteer work?  Revisit the idea of
supporting mirrors?

To my limited knowledge of the system, it seems that at least a way to
cache an index of package links (not necessarily a two-way mirror)
would be beneficial because one could point easy_install at said local
index and, say, continuously run a test suite that wants to install
some fresh eggs upon each run.  All that without hitting pypi every
single time.