[Catalog-sig] PyPI slowdowns

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Aug 27 17:32:29 CEST 2007

I've been mirroring PyPI with a cron job that runs once a minute.  It
uses a lock file and fails when the file is locked and I get an email
when this happens.  From this, I can tell when PyPI is having
problems because usually the cron job runs in a few seconds.

In the interest of giving people running PyPI data on problem
periods, PyPI struggled on several occasions over the past few days:

   Aug 25, 16:01-16:07
   Aug 26,  9:00- 9:21
   Aug 26, 14:56-15:00
   Aug 27, 03:56-04:06

All of these times are UTC.

I haven't otherwise noticed problems like this for quite a while.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org