[Catalog-sig] Removing oneself from a project

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 14:58:27 CET 2007

A couple of months ago, someone (probably meaning well) added me to a
large number of Zope-related projects on PyPI with "Owner"
priviledges.  Many of them I'm not even remotely familiar with.

I'd like to to remove myself from those projects, but am thwarted on
every attempt.  After logging in to PyPI, I navigate to the role
management form for the project I'm trying to remove myself from.
After filling in the form and clicking "Remove Role", my browser pops
up another basic-auth authentication dialog.  After entering my
credentials, the dialog is simply repeated.  The presence or absence
of a "/" after "/pypi" in the URL makes no difference.

I'm guessing this is a bug, but I'm willing to be enlightened.

Adding unsuspecting PyPI users to a package on PyPI seems a rather bad
way to advocate a project; I'm suspicious spammers will catch on to
this.  :-/  (Mostly 'cause I know how much they hate us all.)

  -Fred