[Catalog-sig] permissive trove classification

Doug Hellmann doug at hellfly.net
Wed Dec 26 19:07:21 CET 2007

As a package owner/maintainer, I would much rather have a warning or
error message from the server when I upload something with an unknown
category. That way I can correct any typographical mistakes.  If the
server completely ignores the bad data, I don't have an easy way to
realize something is wrong.

Doug