[Catalog-sig] How to get a list of package releases

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Fri Jan 19 21:55:08 CET 2007

On Saturday 20 January 2007 04:46, you wrote:
> At 11:53 PM 1/18/2007, Richard Jones wrote:
> >Specifically the package_releases method.
>
> That method only lists non-hidden versions; the OP wanted to know how
> to get information on *all* versions.

Versions are hidden by the package maintainer for a reason. Why would you want
to override that?

I'll grant that the current auto-hiding of old releases might hide some
releases that some package maintainers might have wanted to keep public, and
that the mechanism for keeping older releases visible is a little cumbersome,
but there are some package maintainers who do put in the effort to explicitly
keep some older versions exposed.

> >The XML-RPC release_data method might tell you this information. I'm
> >not sure how people are coding the repository information into their
> >package meta-data.
>
> You'd need to convert the release_data into HTML, or have some other
> way to extract the URLs from it.

Unless I'm missing something, release_data is "converted to HTML" in the web
interface already - that's what the release display page is for.

    Richard