[Catalog-sig] ip 194.183.146.189 blocked

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 23:21:06 CEST 2007

On 7/2/07, Jodok Batlogg <jodok at lovelysystems.com> wrote:
> is it possible that our outgoing proxy server is beeing blocked by
> cheeseshop? it's ip address is 194.183.146.189
> no, it was no attack to cheeseshop :) we're simply running buildout
> over and over and probably generating some load.

Hey Jodok,

I've taken to only using an internal repository for project buildouts;
if I need/want a new release from PyPI, I load that into the internal
repository.  That avoids depending on PyPI being accessible at all
times, and I can always get what I've used again.  No need to worry
about someone hiding old releases, or whatever.

It in incurs a little overhead on adding or updating a package used in
my projects, but avoids depending on a highly-variable service.  An
internal repository can still have problems, but at least it's easier
to make changes if needed.

  -Fred