[Catalog-sig] [PSF-Members] Cheeseshop performance improved

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Jul 7 00:15:10 CEST 2007

> I never heard anything from Thomas, which I would think would be the right
> person to run this through, as I really don't know anything about the
> arrangement we have with XS4ALL.  I guess we'd also need to get the PSF to
> approve this, though I'd imagine that'd be little more than a formality.
>
> If we don't have any response from Thomas in a bit, I can try contacting
> XS4ALL directly and see if they can give us any ideas.

I expect such a project to complete in a matter of months rather
than a matter of days. It took a year or so before the current set of
machines was actively being used (IIRC).

> However, I believe that Martin also thinks that with his FastCGi changes it
> should be happy now as is...

Indeed. If there are further complaints on the performance, I'd like to
hear them (preferably with a way for reproducing them). There is still
stuff that can be done to improve PyPI further, such as better usage of
SQL.