[Catalog-sig] [PSF-Members] Cheeseshop performance improved

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 03:22:27 CEST 2007

Hi,

yeah, the sql can be improved.

A lot of the queries cause a sequential scan of all the rows in the
journal and release tables.

I think the cause of this is that one of the tables does not have a
primary key, so postgresql can't optimize the query.  Even if the
table had an incrementing numeric id field, then I think the joins
could be sped up.  I haven't tested this yet, but maybe that'd help -
or maybe there would need to be more changes needed.  Postgresql
definitely needs a PK on each table though.

ps, I'm going to try and finish off that caching/static file work I've
been working on(more on that later).  I guess I'll need to test things
a little differently with fastcgi.  How did you set up a fastcgi pypi?

Cheers,