[Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sat Jul 7 17:19:19 CEST 2007

On Jul 7, 2007, at 12:24 AM, René Dudfield wrote:
> Now I just need to finish off the static file generation code.  It
> needs a tool which can run every minute or so, which will look for any
> changes.

Why not write the files when the underlying packages change?

I don't like polling for two reasons:

- New pages are out of date for up to the polling interval.  This is
especially annoying for someone who uploads a package and wants to be
able to access it immediately.

- Polling all of the pages to see what's changed doesn't seem
scalable to me.

> I've also updated the http://wiki.python.org/moin/CheeseShopDev page
> with some things I noticed when installing the cheeseshop again on my
> laptop.  Mainly dependencies, and missing config steps.

Thanks!

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org