[Catalog-sig] ZPT template caching

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Jul 9 06:50:38 CEST 2007

On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 09:34:00PM +0200, "Martin v. L?wis" wrote:
>As a side effect, Apache needs to be restarted when a template
>changes (this was already the case for code changes).

The way I cache our site, I put the cache into memcached, so that the cache
is shared among all apaches, ages out old stuff, and when I update
something I just tell memcached to invalidate everything in it's cache, no
Apache restart necessary.  I *DO* need to restart it if I make code
changes, but not template changes.

Thanks,
Sean
--
 If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled.
                 -- P. G. Wodehouse