[Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Jul 11 00:54:10 CEST 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 5:48 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>> I've seen requests take minutes and time out with proxy errors many
>> times over the last few weeks.  We, ZC, and many people we work
>> with are
>> at the point of building private indexes to get around the horrible
>> performance.
>
> I still don't understand why you consider this an easier option than
> contributing to the existing project.

I don't. I'm not advocating it.  In fact, I've been trying to
convince people not to.

People are doing it, usually in limited ways, out of desperation.

>> Maybe others can chime in.
>
> That's also my concern. Nobody else is complaining; AFAICT, there
> is just one unhappy user of PyPI.

Oh come on, I'm not the only one who has posted messages on this
mailing list over the last few weeks reporting problems.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org