[Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

Stephen Waterbury waterbug at pangalactic.us
Wed Jul 11 07:20:05 CEST 2007

richardjones at optusnet.com.au wrote:
> Stephen Waterbury <waterbug at pangalactic.us> wrote:
>> Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>>> That's also my concern. Nobody else is complaining; AFAICT, there
>>> is just one unhappy user of PyPI.
>> I'm not happy with PyPI's performance either.
>> Probably many users are like me:  I thought it was
>> common knowledge that the performance of PyPI was bad, but
>> I didn't want to complain when it appeared that people were
>> working on improvements.
>
> It has been slow in the past, but Martin has done some great work
> speeding it up in the last few days. If it's still slow, please
> report when you noticed and what you were trying to do.

I agree, Martin's improvements have made a huge difference, in my
recent experience.  Thanks, Martin!  I inferred from the conversation
that the performance is variable, and I think my tests of it have been
in off-peak times, so my current impressions should be regarded as
anecdotal ... another reason why I hadn't volunteered my opinion until
this request for input.

Steve