[Catalog-sig] start on static generation, and caching - apache config.

Jodok Batlogg jodok at lovelysystems.com
Wed Jul 11 17:57:14 CEST 2007

sorry for incorrect quoting - i'm at europython and the webmailer behaves badly...

i've been complaining loudly! :)
in fact cheeseshop was unusably slow. in meanwhile we built our own index and are not depending on cheeseshop anymore. i think at least me (lovely systems) and jim (zope corporation) offered help and volunteered to pay someone to fix it.

for me, the current solution is just "tuning", but not addressing the general problem behind the current software design (that is the pypi software and parts of setuptools in general). i've been following the thread actively and like to thank especially martin for his work to get a short-term solution. nevertheless we need to solve these issues. as a lot of other projects are moving to egg-based distributions pypi is a integral part.
baking static pages would be my first choice.

jodok