[Catalog-sig] PyPI is down with a psycopg error

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Sat Jul 21 01:34:34 CEST 2007

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007, Brian Ray wrote:
> On Jul 20, 2007, at 3:07 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> >    Error...
> >
> >    There's been a problem with your request
> >
> >    psycopg.OperationalError: no connection to the server
>
> Come on!

Yes, because complaining about it will fix it.

Postgres is up and running, but the web interface is reporting the above
errors as though it can't connect. I can only assume that the persistent
connection has run into trouble. I've disabled persistent connections in the
fcgi config, but now apache will need restarting. I'm trying to contact
someone who can do that.

> Not Good.  Does anybody know a short term fix and a long term solution.

You can volunteer to also be a maintainer of the system.

     Richard