[Catalog-sig] setuptools upload to pypi

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jul 23 22:13:37 CEST 2007

> i can't upload a new egg to cheeseshop...
>
> running "python setup.py bdist_egg register upload" hangs for several
> minutes at "Using PyPI login from /Users/jodok/.pypirc".
> entering username and password interactively results in the same.
> the webinterface seems to work fine (at least browsing)
>
> any idea?

I think that's because I turned of proxying from www.python.org/pypi
to cheeseshop.python.org/pypi, and replaced it with redirection
(302, temporary redirect) instead (temporary just in case people
find problems with that).

(I asked a few days ago whether that would be a problem, and nobody
said it would).

I'd appreciate if somebody could investigate what precisely
is causing the problem (I thought urllib[2] would be able to
handle redirects), how to fix it, and propose a fix to the
code base.

I have now reverted the change (which, of course, gives a
performance problem, as all accesses to www.python.org/pypi
now go through two web servers).