[Catalog-sig] Changing cheeseshop.python.org to pypi.python.org

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 00:50:56 CEST 2007

ok, that is even funnier - or are all jokes ruined by being explained?

btw, I don't think most people are uploading their packages yet.  You just
have to compare the number of python projects on A) sourceforge/googlecode,
B) python cookbook C) pygame projects
There's still massive amounts of python code not indexed by pypi.

oh, was projects one of the names being considered?  projects.python.org ?

How does the cookbook idea fit in with pypi?  I guess I've seen pypi as
about packages and modules rather than projects and cookbook recipes.  Maybe
those things were left out on purpose?