[Catalog-sig] static files, and testing pypi

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 02:22:16 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've got a bit of spare time again after catching up on work after
attending europython - so was wondering if I should still finish the
static file stuff?

Should I still finish the static file generation, or is this not wanted?

I think it would still be useful.  So if it is still wanted, can I
please get a new version of the database?  Since I think there has
been significant changes since my copy of it.

As part of it I want to write some unittests and regression
tests/monitoring scripts.

I think this is sorely needed for pypi, so we don't see the same kind
of breakage when we refactor - and to make sure the service is running
ok.

I guess a tool for this stuff might be the webunit that Richard Jones
wrote?  Or some other tool?  http://mechanicalcat.net/tech/webunit/

Should unittests just be written with unittest?  Or some other framework?

If the maintainers want to stick with no tests I'll just write my
tests separately.  Or I can just set up a basic framework with
unittest, and webunit.