[Catalog-sig] Cheeseshop performance improved

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jun 25 22:03:28 CEST 2007

Jim Fulton schrieb:
> Could you tell us what you did?

Sure: I noticed that whenever the cheeseshop became
unresponsive, nearly all swap space was consumed, and the
system load was about 40 (I never saw values above 50,
probably because of Apache's MaxClients setting).

So I installed a daemon that watches the system load,
and restarts Apache when the load goes above 25. Whenever
I did that manually, all swap space would be released
immediately, and the system load went down to below 10.

In the recent past, this caused a restart at these
points in time (all times CEST = GMT+2):
Jun 24, 17:17
Jun 25, 00:15
Jun 25, 04:43
Jun 25, 05:00