[Catalog-sig] Cheeseshop performance improved

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Mon Jun 25 22:52:14 CEST 2007

> In what way this is a *performance* improvement? It looks like a
> workaround. Do you have any ideas on the cause of this swap-consuming
> behaviour?

It improves the responsiveness of the system, and thus improves
performance. I agree it is a work-around - but even a work-around
is (or can be) an improvement.

I'm still uncertain what causes the memory consumption, in particular
as the problems occur at times of the day when I'm asleep (at
American daylight), so it's difficult for me to investigate.

In any case, I created

http://cheeseshop.python.org/gc

which allows to inspect a Python memory tally for a specific
web server (reload to inspect a different server process).