[Catalog-sig] Category for Chandler

Andi Vajda vajda at osafoundation.org
Thu Mar 1 05:59:51 CET 2007

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, richardjones at optusnet.com.au wrote:

> Andi Vajda <vajda at osafoundation.org> wrote:
>> I can see it in
>> http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=list_classifiers
>> but what is its 'c' number ?
>>
>> The Browse page doesn't list Chandler as a Framework category probably
>> because
>> there is nothing under that category yet so I can't find its 'c' number
>> stick into my URL.
>
> Woah there. I definitely don't want programs pointing users at the browse pages for simple searching like this. Those browse pages are incredibly expensive to produce.
>
> We can perhaps talk about using an XML-RPC request to filter for this sort
> of application.

Ugh, how is that any different from someone bookmarking the page to all the
components in, say, the Zope3 category:
      http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=515

This is really all I'm doing. The Chandler app just calls:
      webbrowser.open('http://cheeseshop.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=NNN')
where NNN is the Chandler category number.

Andi..