[Catalog-sig] Hosting documentation on PyPI

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Wed Aug 6 19:48:47 CEST 2008

> On second thought, simply by using a read-only domain (one that has no
> admin on the domain itself) you'd also be fine.  So
> http://pypidocs.python.org/package/* would work fine, so long as all the
> management for that remained on pypi.python.org.
>
> I personally like domains for projects, though package.pypi.python.org
> is a bit long winded anyway.

It's not longer eventually than pypi.python.org/package, and I think I
need to put /version also into it (right?), so with separate hosts, I
get http://package.pypi.python.org/version, perhaps with the empty URL
redirecting to the latest version.

In any case, I've asked whether XS4ALL can provide us with a subdomain,
or a wildcard record; if that fails, I'll fall back to
packages.python.org (unless you specifically would prefer pypidocs over
that).

Thanks for all these ideas,

Martin

P.S. I also found the VirtualDocumentRoot Apache directive, which seems
to be exactly what is needed.