[Catalog-sig] Minimal required information before uploading

Rob Cakebread cakebread at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 20:23:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

It would be nice if we could restrict people from uploading just a
file without any other information.
For instance, this is the latest one:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/diviMon/0.3.5dev

There's no description, homepage or any type of contact information
and because it's an egg (no source) there won't even be a README
inside it.

I'd think at a bare minimum PyPI should abort when people try to
submit a package if it doesn't have a description, but some kind of
contact info would be desirable.
License info would be great too, but I'll be happy with at least a description.

Thoughts?