[Catalog-sig] PyPI Enhancements

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 10:14:18 CET 2008

"Martin v. Löwis" wrote:

>> So what remains in the document is:
>>
>> - change the PyPI code so it warns on unexisting classifier
>> - change the .pypirc file so it has several sections (Fred's model)
>> - change the distutils register and upload commands so it works with the
>> new
>> .pypirc file,
>>   and let the user choose the server in the command line
>
> As a feature list, this sounds right. I'm curious how you'll implement
> the warning mechanism, though, through XML-RPC.

I have to look how XML-RPC is implemented in PyPI today,
but in regular mode the warning message will probably be a simple
line like what we have right now, added before the OK in the stream.
For instance in file_upload:

  self.handler.send_response(200, 'OK')
  self.handler.set_content_type('text/plain')
  self.handler.end_headers()
  self.wfile.write('WARNING: ....\n')
  self.wfile.write('OK\n')

then make some xmlrpclibs.dumps for the xmlrpc version
but this is my first guess, as I need to look deeper in the
code. I guess it's more complicated than that
if you are saying that

Regards
Tarek