[Catalog-sig] Request: Interface to index of package-metadata

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 22 00:39:30 CET 2008

> * changelog would only give me the information what package has
> changed, I still would have to use release_data to get the new data

I'm beginning to lose track. I thought you only wanted package names
and versions; now you seem to also want additional data?

> * the benefits of changelog decrease the longer the update interval
> is (and it's typically longer than a day; sometimes several months -
> depends on the user)

Yes, but only slightly so. Even after several months, the changelog
will be much smaller than the full database.

In any case, I don't think I can find time to work on this within
the next year or so, even if I wanted to. So you will have to
provide patches if you really think you need it.