[Catalog-sig] Does package_releases() always return all version numbers?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Wed Oct 1 14:35:05 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm new on this list after I've discovered how to access the
PyPI repository via XML-RPC. I'm planning to look deeper into
the possibilities of PyPI, e.g. by writing little tools for
reporting statistics or verifying my own project registrations
and uploads.

Right now I'm trying to understand why in the example below
the "package_releases" method returns only the latest version
string for one of my packages, named "pdfnup", although it
should be two, like one can see online:

   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pdfnup/0.3.0
   http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pdfnup/0.3.1

I don't know if this is an unexpected behaviour for my "pdfnup"
only or if other packages show the same behaviour. Also, I
don't know if the package owner must do something to prevent
this from happening, other than what I did:

   setup.py register
   setup.py sdist/bdist_egg upload

Regards,

Dinu

PS:

import xmlrpclib

serverUrl = "http://pypi.python.org/pypi"
server = xmlrpclib.Server(serverUrl)
name = "pdfnup"
versions = server.package_releases(name)
print versions
# gives ["0.3.1"], expected: ["0.3.0", "0.3.1"]

for d in server.release_urls("pdfnup", "0.3.1"):
    print d["filename"]
# pdfnup-0.3.1-py2.5.egg
# pdfnup-0.3.1.tar.gz

for d in server.release_urls("pdfnup", "0.3.0"):
    print d["filename"]
# pdfnup-0.3.0.tar.gz
# pdfnup-0.3.0-py2.5.egg