[Catalog-sig] Does package_releases() always return all version numbers?

Dinu Gherman gherman at darwin.in-berlin.de
Thu Oct 2 10:12:19 CEST 2008

Martin v. Löwis:

> Try
>
> versions = server.package_releases(name,True)
>
> This will also report hidden releases.

Great news, thanks! Is there a way to find this out by inspecting
web pages, APIs, or anything else? The only documentation I found
is listed here (and this does not mention the second parameter):

   http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPiXmlRpc

And the method does not contain a docstring, unfortunately:

   >>> import xmlrpclib
   >>> serverUrl = "http://pypi.python.org/pypi"
   >>> server = xmlrpclib.Server(serverUrl)
   >>> print server.package_releases.__doc__
   None

More generally, how can I find out which code is actually running
the PyPI server?

Regards,

Dinu