[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] distribute D.C. sprint tasks

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Tue Oct 14 19:55:38 CEST 2008

>> So would the stats file then be of the form
>
>> package,filename,useragent,count
>
>> ? (commas in the useragent replaced with semicolons)
>
> Why not just use the csv module for that, and let it handle the escaping?

I don't want to specify "the format is the one that the csv module
produces". Instead, I could accept an explicit specification of what
the CSV module produces, indicating that mirrors are encouraged to use
the CSV module to actually produce the data. However, if somebody
prefers to implement the mirror in Perl, then this should still be
possible.

So what would the specification then read like?