[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] distribute D.C. sprint tasks

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 20:51:32 CEST 2008

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>> - are non open source licensed packages alllowed at PyPI ?
>
> Sure! There is no censorship applied in PyPI, except for content
> completely unrelated to Python.
>
> The only exception is when the package owner is unresponsive,
> and somebody else wants to take over the package. We need some
> procedure to formalize this case.

If you are going to formalize such procedures, it may also be worth thinking
about the case of someone uploading code that they do not have rights to. It's
not very likely, but the response often must be swift, at least in some
jurisdictions. The potential for mirrors, and thus the need for coordinated
action, makes it even more important to formalize a procedure, IMO.

--
Robert Kern

  an underlying truth."
   -- Umberto Eco