[Catalog-sig] OpenID

Gary Poster gary.poster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 18:30:54 CEST 2009

On Aug 29, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Martin v. Löwis wrote:

>>> I have been looking into providing OpenID login to PyPI.
>>> I came up with the following list of requirements for an acceptable
>>> provider:
>>> - must support OpenID 2.0 and directed identity
>>> - must provide at least a verified email (better also either
>>> fullname
>>> or nickname), through either AX or SREG
>>> - must provide direct service requests over https
>>>
>>> Does anybody know OpenID providers meeting these requirements,
>>> except
>>> for Google?
>>
>> Launchpad may meet these, or come close to them.  I'll ask someone to
>> verify.
>
> The question is then what Launchpad's OP ID is. It's not
> http://launchpad.net (AFAICT)

I'm afraid I don't understand the question, but that may be because
I'm on the periphery of our support.

This page is very simple, but might answer some questions: https://help.launchpad.net/YourAccount/OpenID
  .

For example, my Launchpad openid is https://launchpad.net/~gary .

If this doesn't help, let me know, and I'll pass the question along to
someone more knowledgeable.

Gary