[Catalog-sig] rst not rendering

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 16:08:19 CET 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 2:07 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>> Any idea how to test rst so it renders properly. This rst displays
>> just fine in moinmoin, so is there anything special about Pypi as far
>> as rendering?
>
> You can try rendering it locally, with the function processDescription
> in
>
> https://svn.python.org/packages/trunk/pypi/store.py

I've checked that out but I can't still get it to render properly.

I found 2 issues possibly.

1. when you do python setup.py bdist
the PKG-INFO has the description but it has 8 spaces in front of every
line. If a description had a space in the beginning of the line(for
tab) it is not there anymore, but rather any space is replaced by the
initial 8 spaces. This means your alignment will be off. This causes
another problem; if you remove the space and replace it with initial 8
spaces, what happens to the lines like this:

this is a code::
[space]some code here

Since above line requires a space for it to be rendered properly I
don't see how this will work for anybody.

2. Even if I copy paste my original docstring pypi still doesn't
render it. moinoin does, rst render does
(http://www.tele3.cz/jbar/rest/rest.html).

Any help on this would be welcomed. 3 out of 4 packages I have don't
render, and the one that does is very short.

Thanks,
Lucas

--
Setup CalendarServer for your company.