[Catalog-sig] rst not rendering

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 23:56:01 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Lukasz Szybalski <szybalski at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 10:32 AM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
>>> That might be the difference then...
>>>
>>> I only did python setup.py register the first time and then I was just
>>> using the python setup.py sdist upload.
>>>
>>> python setup.py register
>>> python setup.py sdist upload
>>
>> Hmm. When I do "sdist upload", it also works fine for me.
>>

> I noticed that to. I'm not sure, why it didn't initially work. I'll
> test this more in the next release, to see if the sdist upload will
> not render. I'll let you know if its not doing it correctly.
>
> From now on I will use python setup.py register to update description on pypi.

To make your life easier, you can test for reST compliancy like this:

$ python setup.py --long-description | rst2html.py > /dev/null

It will displays warnings and errors.

Notice that I have added in Distutils dev, the "check" command, that
also controls fields:

http://docs.python.org/dev/distutils/examples.html#checking-a-package

Regards
Tarek