[Catalog-sig] Mirror authenticity

A.M. Kuchling amk at amk.ca
Sat Mar 28 15:51:43 CET 2009

On Sat, Mar 28, 2009 at 08:16:42AM -0500, "Martin v. Löwis" wrote:
> I will try to provide a pure-Python implementation of
> the page verification, based on AMK's python-crypto code.

I suspect python-crypto is too low-level; OpenSSL uses PEM-encoding
and supports S/MIME signatures, but pycrypto doesn't implement PEM at
all.  It might be better to rely on having the 'openssl' executable
available and figuring out the right switches to generate a signature.

(BTW, I'm not maintaining python-crypto any longer; Dwayne
Litzenberger has taken it over and has a new site at www.pycrypto.org.
I don't know what his plans are for a new release.)

--amk