[Catalog-sig] [Python-checkins] r70699 - peps/trunk/pep-0381.txt

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 06:25:45 CEST 2009

RIght I am fixing this right now.

There's something we didn't talk about yet : since there will be other
package indexes
out there (not PyPI mirrors) that might have their own mirrors, we do
need to provide
somewhere the hostname that holds the mirrors IP for the client software to work
the same way in all case.

That is, mirrors.pypi.python.org for PyPI, but maybe
mirrors.packages.plone.org for
another index.

I'd go for a /mirror-hostname unique page at PyPI (and its mirrors)
even if this page is unreachable when PyPI is down.

This enforces that the other indexes also use the DNS technique, but I
think it's fine

Tarek

Tarek Ziadé | Association AfPy | www.afpy.org
Blog FR | http://programmation-python.org