[Catalog-sig] Package comments

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Nov 4 16:25:34 CET 2009

At 07:13 AM 11/4/2009 +0100, Martin v. Löwis wrote:
>And I'm in favor of deleting spam (i.e. comments that are clearly
>unrelated to the package - as graffiti is clearly unrelated to
>the place where it gets attached).

Not so - if I spraypaint "your service sucks" on a restaurant's
window, it is still graffiti, no matter how truthful, accurate, or
relevant the comment may be.

(FWIW, I don't object to making a ratings site and providing a link,
although  I think that using a solid off-the-shelf discussion system
would be better than a roll-your-own.  Reddit, for example, is
written in Python, and has some reasonable protections against
trolling and spamming.)