[Catalog-sig] [Distutils] People want CPAN :-)

James Bennett ubernostrum at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:52:59 CET 2009

On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 7:52 PM, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> This feels like a post relative to the catalog-sig too, or maybe even moreso
> than distutils-sig...

The question that's on my mind here, and which I haven't really seen a
solid answer to in the various threads, is which parts of CPAN people
seem to want. The original post mainly seemed to be concerned with
saying "install this" and having it automagically work, dependencies
and all, which is much less a PyPI issue and much more a "sort out the
packaging and installation tools" issue than a PyPI issue.