[Catalog-sig] Poll Problem

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Nov 14 01:34:22 CET 2009

Martin v. Löwis wrote:
> I just started a poll on the PyPI rating system, at
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi
>
> I'll announce it more widely tomorrow.

Just so you're aware, there's some opportunity for ballot stuffing given
that each OpenID provider a user has access allows them one vote, as
well as the vote they have if they actually create a username/password
on PyPI. So, each person can, in theory, vote up to 4 times.

As a corollary of that, I an also tell you that the myopenid provider is
currently broken. On the bounce back from the MyOpenID site, you get the
following from PyPI:

"OpenID provider did not provide your email address"

MyOpenID certainly do have an email address for me ;-)

There's also the issue that, of course, people can register with
multiple email addresses and stuff the ballot that way even more
successfully too...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk