[Catalog-sig] Poll Problem

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Sun Nov 15 00:04:01 CET 2009

P.J. Eby wrote:
> At 08:15 PM 11/14/2009 +0100, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>> Chris Withers wrote:

>> > Can you please document here what you've done to ensure there are no
>> > duplicate votes from other people who really are trying to stuff the
>> > ballot?
>>
>> I think there's a misunderstanding here: the poll is not an official
>> vote on the future of the PyPI comment and rating system, it's
>> just a market research method to get at least some rough idea of
>> what users (with PyPI accounts) want. Nothing more.
>
> Then why does the poll page itself say that "The option that receives
> most votes will be implemented"?

Good question. I think that's a documentation bug :-)

The wiki page uses a much better description (http://wiki.python.org/moin/PyPIComments):

"""
There is a public poll running to determine what users think of the rating and commenting features.
"""

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Nov 14 2009)

               http://www.egenix.com/company/contact/