[Catalog-sig] OpenID login to PyPI

James Bennett ubernostrum at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 21:15:53 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:08 PM, "Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> wrote:
> This I don't understand. You'll be identified by myopenid.com as
> ubernostrum.myopenid.com *anyway*, even if you first enter something
> else. So why can't you just go ahead and associate
> ubernostrum.myopenid.com with your PyPI account, and then use that
> to login?

My OpenID is "www.b-list.org". "ubernostrum.myopenid.com" is simply a
local name my provider uses to refer to me, and may change in the
future if I change providers. I'd like PyPI to let me use my *real*
OpenID, and not force me to use something tied to a particular
provider; this is kinda the whole point of OpenID delegation.