[Catalog-sig] Do we really need this list?

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 19:09:33 CET 2009

On Nov 17, 2009, at 12:28 PM, Chris Withers wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Why do we not just use distutils-sig instead?
> I don't think I've yet seen a discussion on this list that isn't
> relevant to distutils-sig...

"The Python Catalog SIG is the forum for development and discussion of
indexes of Python packages."

Seems to me that distutils-sig is about the tools that put stuff up
into the catalogs that need to be discussed on catalog-sig.

The catalog(s) is/are not the tools for creating things to go into it/
them.