[Catalog-sig] PyPI Development

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Nov 19 23:48:56 CET 2009

"Martin v. Löwis" <martin at v.loewis.de> writes:

> > I'm getting a permission denied when trying to do a checkout
> > using this URL (taken from the wiki page):
> >
> > svn+ssh://svn.python.org/data/repos/packages/trunk/pypi
> >
> > Has the URL changed or do I have to use some other setup
> > on the client side than for Python SVN access ?
>
> Just go with the read-only checkout for the moment. This specific URL
> only works for Richard Jones; I personally use the https checkout
> myself to commit, as well.

I don't have an account on ‘svn.python.org’. How can I get a read-only
checkout of the Subversion repository of the PyPI code?

Neither of HTTP (error 404) nor HTTPS (HTTP authentication required)
work for me with the above hostname and path.

--
 \     “Guaranteed to work throughout its useful life.” —packaging for |
  `\                                          clockwork toy, Hong Kong |