[Catalog-sig] Tweaks to edit screen

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 10 17:00:03 CEST 2009

> The edit screen (e.g.,
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=submit_form&name=virtualenv&version=1.3.3)
> uses wrap="HARD" in textareas, which causes corruption of otherwise OK
> ReST (uploaded via setup.py register) by introducing unwanted
> newlines.  wrap="SOFT" would be better.

Would that have any negative consequences, e.g. when the text being
entered is not ReST?

> Also, it's tricky to updated ==dev links, because links from all
> versions are displayed on /simple/<package>, and the last link is
> used, which is the oldest link.  Just inverting the order of the links
> would fix this; or at least inverting the links that are scraped from
> the descriptions.

I don't understand that request. Can you please provide a reference to
a package where things are not as they should be, and indicate how they
should be?

Notice that, in r598, I was asked specifically to change the order to
put file urls before the homepage url. So I'm hesitant to change
anything without an independent confirmation that this would be a good
change.