[Catalog-sig] OpenID on PyPI

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Sep 10 18:46:18 CEST 2009

> Then the OpenID support is very compromised.

That may well be the case.

> The point of OpenID is not
> to depend of a centralized service. That is the reason I have my own
> OpenID provider.

If that's the idea, then I think OpenID is severely flawed.

However, I disagree that this is the idea. Instead, the idea is
to have an open protocol, to allow for competition between providers.

Your provider will have to compete with the other providers to be
acceptable for PyPI, according to the criteria posted at

http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=openid

If it meets these criteria, I can happily add support for it. If not,
either strive for it to meet the requirements, switch to a provider that
does meet the requirements, or don't use it with PyPI (and likely, not
with the bug tracker and MoinMoin, when I implement that).