[Catalog-sig] simple index and urls exracted from metadata text fields

René Dudfield renesd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 16:57:07 CEST 2009

hi,

I think the use of pgp is missing from that description.

- using the pgp signatures to verify files.  This is already part of
pypi... just not used by applications for verification... (I think?)

Also, maybe md5 should be replaced with sha2 use?
- md5 was broken as a useful hash for file integrity in 2004.  See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MD5 for details.  SHA2 is the current
replacement... but is aimed to be replaced itself.  So pgp signatures
are a better alternative.  md5 is still better than nothing of course
:)  Just that using sha2 and signed files is better.

cheers,