[Catalog-sig] Rating feature

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 18:26:10 CEST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Georg Brandl <g.brandl at gmx.net> wrote:
>> By the way,
>>
>> I suggest that the release rating and maybe a link to the form at the
>> bottom should be
>> placed or repeated on the top of the page because you can't expect
>> people to see it or fill it in some packages that
>> have long pages
>
> Do you think it's that important?

"important" no, better yes ;)

If you want people to *see* the rating of packages like zc.buildout,
you have to make it visible when the page loads.

that's a basic principle of ergonomics and its doesn't cost anything.

That's basically because it's the only part of a release screen that is going
to change often (the rating of a given release) shouldn't require scrolling.

Look at Sphinx page. Where's the rating ? I don't see it unless I scroll
(in my regular macbook)

That's no big deal of course, but having at the left of the package
name at the top
would be nicer to check the rating at a glimpse.